DC951 | Postgraduate Part Time
DCU is Ireland's 'University of Enterprise' and is consistently recognised in global rankings of young universities. The dynamic and vibrant ethos of these universities of the future imbue all aspects of DCU's activities and specifically influence the design and delivery of the DCU Executive MBA programme.
The DCU Executive MBA Programme is delivered by DCU Business School and is designed to be professionally and personally transformative. It is aimed at developing business leaders with ambition, enterprise and leading-edge thinking who can create tangible and sustainable outcomes for organisations through the application of their learning.
Our Executive MBA programme, which is internationally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), has been graduating MBAs for more than 20 years, equipping senior executives with the knowledge and skills to deal with these complexities and deliver outstanding organisational performance.
Winner of the 2018 gradireland Postgraduate Course of the Year in Business, Finance & Management
The DCU Executive MBA is a part-time programme, delivered one day per week (Thursdays 2.00-9.00) over 2 years across 4 semesters.
In the first year of the Executive MBA programme, you will develop an understanding of the range of foundation disciplines and their potential contribution to business leadership and organisational effectiveness. The second year of the programme will be characterised by an integrated approach, which focuses more specifically on the key strategic drivers of sustainable growth and operational excellence.
Why Choose DCU?
- DCU is Ireland's University of Enterprise, which influences and drives our industry engagement strategy and MBA programme design.
- Learn from academic experts with a high level of industry relevant experience and translational research. This ensures graduates have the most up-to-date knowledge of theory and practice.
- Exposure to top-performing experienced professionals from international and national business who share their insights on such themes as strategy, leadership, digital technology, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Exposure to leading international academics and thought leaders.
- Working on real-world industry projects, connecting theory, research and practice.
- Strong focus on applied learning delivering return-on-investment for employers and clients.
- Enhance leadership competence through participation in 2-year Leadership Development Programme.
- Opportunities to enhance knowledge of new and emerging technologies through workshops and optional activities and events.
- A participatory and action-learning teaching approach consisting of case studies, problem-solving, participant experience and discussion. It is an approach which connects scientific research industry problems and develops participants into Evidence-Based Manager.
At DCU Business School, we believe that the MBA should be about much more than just acquiring some useful extra tools for the management toolkit. It should also be a transformative experience at the personal level. Our value proposition is that our MBA is an educational experience that is both professionally and personally transformative, aimed at developing business leaders with the ambition and enterprise to help create a better, more sustainable world and featuring leading edge thinking with tangible application.
Graduates of our programme talk about how they have grown in confidence, how their own self-awareness as leaders has deepened, and how their perspective on business management has been raised to a more strategic level.
Our graduates tell us that these 'personal growth' effects of the MBA become very apparent back in their workplaces, in terms of the issues to which they are invited to contribute, the roles they are asked to take on, and in how they are perceived as future leaders.
See what our alumni say about the programme - Executive MBA Alumni Testimonials
Candidates must possess:
- A primary degree at second class Honours level or higher, or an equivalent professional qualification
- At least 3 years relevant managerial experience
- At least 7 years relevant managerial experience.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these requirements may be considered for entry subject to interview.
We may, in some instances, require the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). All candidates must have an adequate standard of mathematical and statistical ability.